West Covina Attorney, Lem Garcia, Remembers Martin Luther King, Jr.
In honor of Martin Luther King, Jr.’s life and work, below is a list of 10 of his most memorable and powerful quotes for us to remember him by.
- “I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.”
- “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?’”
- “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”
- “We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.”
- “If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say ‘Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.’”
- “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”
- “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
- “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”
- “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”
- “Intelligence plus character-that is the goal of true education.”
West Covina Celebrates MLK Day
If you’re looking to celebrate Martin Luther King Day, the City of West Covina and the NAACP will be honoring him at the West Covina Civic Center on January 19, 2014 stating at 11:00 am.