How to Get the Maximum Recovery for Your Car Accident Case

West Covina Accident Attorney, Lem Garcia, on How to Get the Maximum Recovery for Your Car Accident Case

After a car accident, your can take a turn for the worse. You may have suffered bodily injuries and your car may have been damaged. It’s important for you to know what you can recover after a car accident so you don’t get taken advantage of. Here is a list of the types of recovery that you should seek after you’ve been in a car accident.

Medical Expenses

Car accidents often lead to injuries. Whether your injuries are minor or major, your medical bills should be covered by the at-fault party’s insurance company.

Immediately after the accident or even a few days after the accident you might be pain free, but it is not uncommon for pain to begin several days or even several weeks after an accident. That’s why it is for you to get checked out as soon as possible by a medical profession to determine the extent of your injuries.

If you need to get treated for your injuries, you should be able to get these medical treatments recovered from your car accident settlement. The types of medical bills that are covered include, but are not limited to: doctor’s visits, physical therapy, chiropractic care, medical supplies, acupuncture, and consultations with medical experts.

Pain and Suffering

Being injured isn’t easy. After sustaining various injuries, your life changes. You wake up in pain and live your life in pain. Physical activities that were once very easy can become very difficult. To compensate you for the mental and physical distress that you suffered from and continue to suffer from, you can recover pain and suffering damages.

Lost Wages

As a result of your car accident, you might have had to miss a few days or few weeks of work to recover from your injuries. As long as you can prove your lost wages because of the accident, you will be able to recover your lost wages. This includes time that you were not well to go to work and any time you had to miss to go to see your doctor, chiropractor, or physical therapist.   

You may also be able to recover for your diminished earning capacity. If you have been injured or impaired in such a way that it would hurt your earning ability, you deserve to be compensated for that as well. 

Loss of Consortium

In the event you are married, you and your spouse can be compensated for loss of consortium. Loss of consortium is the deprivation of sexual activity and affection. If the injuries from the car accident have caused a loss of consortium, your spouse has a claim for this loss.

Diminished Value of Your Car

Even if your car is repaired after a car accident, it isn’t worth what it used to be. Your car has an accident on its history and future buyers won’t look at that kindly – even if the repair was immaculate. Thankfully in California, you can recover the diminished value of your car. The difficult part is proving your loss.

After a Car Accident, Talk to an Attorney

You want your case in the hands of skilled attorney as soon as possible so you don’t inadvertently damage the value of your case. An experienced attorney can help you recover for ALL of your losses, and not just part of it.

West Covina Car Accident Attorney, Lem Garcia, Can Help

If you or someone you care about has been injured in a car accident by the negligence of others, you deserve to be compensated and you deserve to get the maximum settlement possible. West Covina car accident attorney, Lem Garcia, is dedicated to getting you the maximum settlement that you can. Give Lem Garcia a call (626) 337-1111 or text (626) 252-2168.

Don’t stall. Make the call.

Lem Garcia Law also serves: Altadena,
Alhambra, Arcadia, Avocado Heights, Azusa, Baldwin Park, Bassett, Bradbury, Charter Oak, Citrus, City of Industry, Claremont, Covina, Diamond Bar, Duarte, East Pasadena, El Monte, Glendora, Hacienda Heights, Hillgrove, Irwindale,La Cañada Flintridge, La Puente, La Verne, Mayflower Village, Monrovia, Montebello, Monterey Park, North El Monte, Pasadena, Pomona, Rosemead, Rowland Heights, San Dimas, San Gabriel, San Marino, Sierra Madre, South El Monte, South Pasadena, South San Gabriel, South San Jose Hills, Temple City, Valinda, Vincent, Walnut, West Covina, West Puente Valley, Whittier and everyone else in Los Angeles County, Riverside County, and Orange County.