John Percival Jones and Arcadia Bandini de Baker donated Palisades Park to Santa Monica in 1892. Linda Vista Park was the name given to the blufftop park that ran from Colorado Avenue to the city’s northern boundary at Montana Avenue until 1915. In 1904, the land between Montana Avenue and Santa Monica Canyon remained untouched by development. By 1905, it was included into the city. From Colorado Avenue up to Santa Monica Canyon’s municipal line, today’s park borders are defined by the city of Los Angeles’ acquisition of the park’s northern part in 1908.
Get Your 100% Free Case Evaluation Today
In 1892, Palisades Park was little more than a dusty ledge bordered by an avenue of eucalyptus trees. Soon after the bluff was handed to the city, H. Rowland Lee created a landscape for it, including a rustic fence constructed of eucalyptus branches, as well as formal entrances at the ends of each avenue. With only Arizona Avenue as its final destination, the idea was cut back in 1898.
By 1905, there were only a few remaining plantings, and the park’s active new Commissioner, E.H. Sweetser, set about replanting Monterey Cypress trees, shrubs, flower beds, and allées of palms along the park’s whole length. The proprietors of the area of the bluff north of Montana carried on with their plantings. Sweetser also initiated a multi-year initiative to construct the classic rustic fencing along the edge of the cliff, which was constructed from eucalyptus limbs salvaged during routine city-wide tree pruning and completed in 1913. Among his accomplishments was the 1909 construction of the redwood pergola above the California Incline, which served as the idea for the logo of the Santa Monica Conservancy. In addition, he dreamed of and oversaw the construction of the Idaho Gate in 1911, at the conclusion of his tenure as Park Commissioner.
By 1913, the park’s improvements needed more grass and lights. Louis J. Le Grande, a landscape architect, was employed. He proposed a rigid, geometric design that erased the park’s meandering paths and older trees. Due to the strong opposition of the Santa Monica Bay Woman’s Club, just one block of his plan was ever executed. Since then, renovations and replantings have mostly followed Mr. Sweetser’s plan. In 1998-1999, the City completed a $4.5 million bond-funded makeover that preserved the historic landscape.
The park was named a Santa Monica landmark in 2007 for its cultural and historic value. The “Mother Road” ends at Santa Monica Boulevard and the park near the sidewalk. In fact, it was set up for a sequence in “The Will Rogers Story.” The 10 off-ramp is at the crossroads of Lincoln and Olympic Boulevards, where there is no sign of Route 66. That doesn’t stop folks from going to the Pier to celebrate finishing Route 66 and believing the Pier is the end of the journey.
Four stone memorials recognize foreign war veterans in the park. Each branch of the armed forces has its own pillar. The monument was dedicated on November 11, 1999, and if the sun is shining, the pillars throw their shadow on the path below. On Veteran’s Day, the columns also align with the setting sun. Wallace, Roberts, and Todd created this monument.
We’re not your typical law firm. We believe you deserve better. We want to make sure that when your case is finished, you know that we really cared, made the process easy for you, and gave you outstanding personal service and results.
The Lem Garcia Law Promise is a reflection of that. We challenge you to find another law office that will make the same promise to you.
Zero Fee Guarantee
- ZERO FEE GUARANTEE. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us anything. No-pressure case consultations are always free and we advance all of the costs of your case.
- ATTORNEY’S FEE GUARANTEE. At Lem Garcia Law, you don’t have to worry about saying “the attorney took most of it.” We guarantee that our attorney’s fee will never be more than how much you are paid at the end of your case.
- 30-DAY GUARANTEE. If you’re unhappy with our services, you can cancel within the first 30 days at no cost to you.
- TOP SETTLEMENTS. We have settled cases for $500,000, $250,000 and $100,000 without our clients ever having to go to court or sue anybody.
- MILLIONS RECOVERED. We have helped recover millions of dollars for people who have been injured in car accidents and other types of injury claims.
- GET THE MONEY YOU DESERVE. We help people who have been injured get compensated as much as possible for their injuries.
Outstanding Personal Service
- WE ARE HAPPY TO HEAR FROM YOU. If you’ve been injured in an accident and need help, we will be happy to talk to you. From your first phone call, you will feel the difference that personable and passionate legal help makes.
- WE ARE THERE WHEN YOU NEED US. Contacting us is easy. You can call, text or email us anytime and we will get back to you within 24 hours. You deserve to have peace of mind every step of the way.
- WE ARE DEDICATED TO ACCIDENTS AND INJURIES ONLY. We are focused exclusively on personal injury, wrongful death and car accident cases.
Free Help With Property Damage
- GET TOP DOLLAR FOR YOUR CAR. We help make sure that you get compensated as much as possible for your car if it is a total loss – for free.
- GET YOUR CAR REPAIRED PROPERLY. We help make sure that your car is repaired properly by a reputable body shop – for free.
- GET YOUR RENTAL OR LOSS OF USE PAID. We help make sure that you get paid for your car rental or the loss of use of your car – for free.
Our Clients Love Us
- WE TREAT OUR CLIENTS LIKE FAMILY. We work hard for our clients because we care, and we have the reputation and the Yelp and Google reviews to show for it.
We Can Go To You
- HOSPITAL, HOME OR HANGOUT. If you’re seriously injured and can’t come to us, we can visit you at a location that is most convenient for you.
Medical Treatment With No Costs Up Front
- GET THE MEDICAL TREATMENT YOU NEED RIGHT AWAY. We help make sure that you get the medical treatment that you need to get better – and you don’t have to pay anything up front.
We Do Whatever It Takes
- BY SETTLEMENT OR BY TRIAL. We successfully resolve most of our clients’ cases before trial, but we are ready to take any case to trial to get the best result for you.
If you have been in an accident (e.g., vehicular accident, motorcycle accident, bus accident, 18-wheeler accident, slip and fall, dog bite, defective product, etc.), and you’re looking for an excellent personal injury lawyer in Riverside County, Lem Garcia can help you. Lem Garcia is a personal injury attorney in West Covina, but serves injured victims throughout Southern California, including Riverside County.
To get the right personal attention for you and your case, give Lem a call when you are looking for the following:
- Cathedral City Personal Injury Lawyer
- Banning Personal Injury Lawyer
- Beaumont Personal Injury Lawyer
- Blythe Personal Injury Lawyer
- Calimesa Personal Injury Lawyer
- Canyon Lake Personal Injury Lawyer
- Coachella Personal Injury Lawyer
- Corona Personal Injury Lawyer
- Desert Hot Springs Personal Injury Lawyer
- Eastvale Personal Injury Lawyer
- Hemet Personal Personal Injury Lawyer
- Indian Wells Personal Injury Lawyer
- Indio Personal Injury Lawyer
- Jurupa Valley Personal Injury Lawyer
- Lake Elsinore Personal Injury Lawyer
- La Quinta Personal Injury Lawyer
- Menifee Personal Injury Lawyer
- Moreno Valley Personal Injury Lawyer
- Murrieta Personal Injury Lawyer
- Norco Personal Injury Lawyer
- Palm Desert Personal Injury Lawyer
- Palm Springs Personal Injury Lawyer
- Perris Personal Injury Lawyer
- Rancho Mirage Personal Injury Lawyer
- Riverside Personal Injury Lawyer
- San Jacinto Personal Injury Lawyer
- Temecula Personal Injury Lawyer
Accidents and injuries can happen anywhere and at anytime, which is why it is always important to exercise reasonable care at all time. However, accidents and injuries do occur more often in some places than others. Here are a few places in Riverside County where car accidents, motorcycle accidents, bus accidents, pedestrian accidents, trucking accidents, and all other types of accidents and injuries frequently occur: 91 freeway, 60 freeway, 215 freeway, Arlington, Alessandro, Central, Victoria, La Sierra, Magnolia Avenue, and Van Buren.
Lem Garcia speaks Tagalog and staff members speak Spanish, Cantonese, and Mandarin.
Get Your 100% Free Case Evaluation Today